Monday, August 13, 2012

Indeed Brewing

I am not a beer connoisseur. I know what I like (Abita Harvest, tough to find up here) and I know what makes me sleepy (Guinness). I've only recently been schooled in the definition of "hoppy" but with each new brew I  find myself asking, "so is this one hoppy?" So, clearly, I'm still learning.
But what I lack in beer know-how, I make up for in beer enthusiasm. I love trying new beers, new patios, new pint glasses, and happily, new taprooms.

Indeed Brewing is not a place you'd stumble upon unless you frequent traintracks in NE Mpls (no judgement on that point).  It's hidden amongst similar warehouse buildings, some of which have seen brighter days. But the warehouse feel is pretty perfect and there's something very Americana about sipping a cold beer while a train rumbles by.  The picnic tables, the light gravel, the mix of wood and metal in the interior...they all inspire a certain casual happiness that seems built for a happy hour or a lazy Saturday. The beer itself is very good, though I favored the Day Tripper over the darker, pictured Midnight Ryder. And since I have no clue what I'm talking about with beer, you'll have to get your brainy beer reviews elsewhere. I just liked it.

Adding to the excellent summertime experience is a solid lineup of area food trucks. I'm curious to see what becomes of the food offerings once the negative windchills roll in but I, like everyone else this time of year, am happy to live in denial that such a time will come.

For now, I will happily nurse my Day Tripper brew on a picnic table in good company, watching the trains roll by.

No comments:

Post a Comment